Received the load last week and immediately put it to work. Very simple interface to work with via the Arduino IDE. I will investigate other means to control in the future. The load is slightly off from the specified current in the interface, but I am sure that could be worked around with some calibration code in the control. Mine did come with a sample defect: the screw terminal block was installed backwards. The place to insert the wires was facing the large heatsink and not possible to use. Fortunately it was simple enough to desolder the block, reverse it, and resolder it back in place. I will update my review if I find anything else after my continued use.
I bought this load for two main purposes, the first is to test power supplies particularly with pulsed loads. The second use is to use it to test batteries for discharge characteristics. The pulse load function is not yet available however I will modify the code to add the required code for this function.
I have used it to test a Li-po battery and it did as expected, It discharged the battery at the expected current, and switched off when the voltage dropped just below the cut off voltage I specified.