- The display, pcb, placement of components are all aesthetic, it's a very well designed overall layout. The modding capability is limited, but not impossible; you can fit it in a protective enclosure and access the front buttons by your own wiring easily for example.
- The watch shipped in a plastic box, unscathed, no complaints about the shipping.
- RTTTL alarm sounds are terrific, especially the track nr 2, it's become a good inside joke with friends. When the battery is low, the sound becomes distorted, freaking love it. I used to like making ringtunes on an old Nokia phone back in the day and would like to see this expanded on the retro watch domain in some way, even if it meant connecting with an ISP programmer or the like
- The menu is a little laborous to navigate and especially on the first try I wasn't sure what is happening with the buttons and which menu item is which due to how a 4 digit 7-segment display can transmit verbal information. The items I wasn't sure of were described in the tindie store page, I think they were desrcibed in order in the features list. A little instruction manual could come a long way though.
- "Telling time" (says the time out loud) feature is low volume, you can't hear it clearly unless you place your ear right next to the watch. Could have been cool but the execution didn't cut it now. The other features like astro calculator weren't in my personal interest, I just wanted the cool shiny digits and alarm sounds.
- Having to set the system time again after a quick battery replacement was mildly irritating, having set the time to the exact second previously. The battery does not last a terribly long time especially if you are a heavy user or fascinated with this new toy, so you will have to replace the battery more often. The alarm time and tune did stay, and I assume other system like astro calculator settings stay as well. Now, is this a real problem, as setting the time only takes one minute or less? Probably not, but it's something that could be improved.
Overall a good product, it's an attraction at parties and gets you all the nerds drooling at it. The price is high for a simple watch but those hp bubble display prices have skyrocketed like bitcoin now. I rate it 4/5.
I just realized after a few months that I bought the item that it wasn't working properly. I could get a refund even after three months that I bought it, the seller is super kind, available and answers the messages almost instantaneously. The charger could be done slightly better, for example telling you when the charge is finished and maybe recharging the battery in 8 hours instead of 24. The very very small instructions also could be written better, since it's not clear how you should put the batter in the device.
Overall I was satisfied with the communication and refund policy.