So far, I have only tried this with POE switches that support 30W power output. With 30W power output, I'm able to get a 300 LED strip working at 50% brightness with 255,255,255 (white) which is worst-case power consumption. I've been able to get 600 LEDs working in single-color only (only have tried green and blue).
The web page for setup is very clear and straightforward. In the perfect world, I'd like to see a few additions: Some test modes (other than just a solid color), an ability to change the order the order of the colors since all strips are not RGB, and finally some telemetry information such as temperature (maybe the processor provides this already without a hardware change). Output voltage and power would be nice (although many/most POE switches usually provide power measurements, so it might be redundant here).
The seller threw in cases for the units I ordered and some 5V WS2812B strips with several LEDs. Since I'm hoping to eventually run these closer to 60W, I printed new tops to the cases (see Thingiverse as the seller provides the STL files there) for one with a fan cutout provided. I have installed the fan and been able to plug it right into the board and get it powered. I should also say that I'm running the LED strip output at 12V -- the design allows for 5V, 12V, or 24V. For what its worth, the power converter is "most efficient" (from the data sheet) when well loaded down at 24V. You lose several percent at 12V and several more at 5V.
The hardware design is nice and the assembly clean. The cases I received were labeled with both MAC address, voltage switch position, and the output information. My only nit here is that the phoenix connector screws are very small. I had some trouble finding a jeweler's screw driver to open them up. Of course, the small size helps keep the entire size of the device down. The corresponding issue is the limiting of the gauge of the wire put in. It seems that you'd be OK at least to 18 AWG.
Shipping was prompt and the units were well packaged.
Documentation is provided on the seller's web site and on Github.
Wish the cost was a little lower, but don't we all :) I haven't compared the unit cost to the BOM cost, but it does seem reasonable if a little high, but the freebies helped.
I look forward to deciding which projects to utilize the three units I purchased for. I could easily see myself ordering a bunch more if they were less expensive.