This is the Remote Camera Trigger. This is an interesting and extremely useful device. This is a Relay activated by those little Red Laser Pointers that you can find anywhere for a couple of dollars. The circuit has a sensitivity adjustment so that you can use it outdoors or indoors. It has been designed to work off of the common Laser Pointers found everywhere and will work with Red, Green, Blue, and White Lasers, LEDs, & Lights.
This device can be set up to turn on just about any camera that requires a switch closure. Simply plug the Remote Camera Trigger into your camera with the 2.5mm plug. Then place the Remote Camera Trigger (RCT) in the best position for you. Apply power to the RCT and make the sensitivity and timing adjustments. From there, simply aim your Laser Pointer at the RCT.
The range is up to 50 or more feet, even in daylight. Now, you do not have to be anywhere near the camera to trigger it.
Just point the Laser at the light-sensitive resistor and the circuit will turn on for an adjustable time period, anywhere from 1/2 second up to 10 minutes or longer.
There are two LED indicators on the PCB, one that will turn on anytime the Laser Pointer hits the LDR and one that will come on while the Relay is energized.
The Relay is an 833H series SPDT relay with Form 1C contacts rated for 7 Amps @ 250VAC. It has a 12VDC coil. The Relay contacts are available as .250" quick disconnect Faston connectors. The available contacts are the Common, NO (Normally Open) and NC (Normally Closed). This means that the circuit can either turn a device ON for a set time period or turn a device OFF for a set time period.
The PCB is double-sided, plated thru-holes, 3.00" long x 1.50" wide made of .062" FR-4 epoxy glass with 1-oz copper. It has green Solder Mask (LPI) on both sides with white Silk Screen on the Top side. It includes four mounting holes. The PCB traces for the Relay outputs are extra-wide on Top and Bottom sides for current-carrying capabilities.
This kit does not include the tools you will need to assemble the circuit. You will need tools such as a soldering iron, solder, wire cutters, etc. Because it can be purchased in many places for a dollar or two, this kit does NOT include the Laser Light Pointer that may be used to trigger the Timer.
This kit is also offered as a "Built & Tested" for those that do not want to build the kit themselves.
|Shipping Rate||First item||Additional items|
United States Postal Service: Standard US Mail with Delivery Confirmation
We recognize our top users by making them a Tindarian. Tindarians have access to secret & unreleased features.
We look for the most active & best members of the Tindie community, and invite them to join. There isn't a selection process or form to fill out. The only way to become a Tindarian is by being a nice & active member of the Tindie community!
NightFire Electronics LLC was founded by an Electronic Engineer to be a source where other Electronic Engineers, Technicians, Hobbyists, Teachers, Students, and anybody else could get a useful assortment of SMT & Thru-Hole components at a reasonable cost. Along the way, we decided to design our own PCB circuits and now offer them at a great price. Our goal then, and still is today, is to put together a meaningful collection of electronic kits made of passive parts centered on an active component and offer it at a great price. We have been doing just that since October 2000.
NightFire has identified several main product areas to offer service:
1. Active Parts Kits - These hobby kits consist of a main active component, such as an Op Amp or Transistor, and combine it with a number of resistors, capacitors, inductors, LEDS, or other active components and a bunch of passive parts. Our initial oferrings were Surface Mount Technology (SMT) components & electronic kits, but we have since included Thru-Hole components as well. The variety of different passive values assures a well-rounded selection of useful parts that support the active component. We currently offer over 250 such kits and the list grows as new active parts become available.
2. Passive Parts Kits - These kits consist of a generous selection of resistors, capacitors, and/or inductors in a number of different, practical combinations. We offer SMT and Thru-Hole components. With these selections, now you can get just the right range of components that you need without having to buy the entire selection. Different component packages, such as 1206, 0805, and 0603, are also offered in various combinations. We currently offer over 30 such kits and the list grows almost daily.
3. Engineering PCB Kits - These kits were developed to assist the Engineer, Technician, Hobbyist, and Student in prototyping work. These circuits, in SMT or Thru-Hole, can be used as building blocks or can be used as stand-alone circuits. The original offerings were developed by us and included such generic circuits as fundamental Op Amp Amplifiers & Filters and Timer circuits in the Astable/Monostable modes. The flexibility of these circuits are limitless. The time saved in using a well-developed PCB as a building block is worth much more than the cost of the PCB. New circuits will be added on a regular basis.
4. Fun Project Kits - This series of electronic kits includes a wide number of the popular fun kits to build and enjoy. These kits are available in SMT and Thru-Hole. The designs are all developed by NightFire and have been designed for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced individuals. These kits include such fun projects like the Headphone Amplifiers, Police Siren Kit, the LED Flasher Kit, and more. We will be adding new kits on a regular basis.
5. Bargains and Specials - These limited quantity offerings are for bargain hunters. They vary from Flame-Proof Resistors to complete Power Supplies and lots of parts in between. This list will change weekly. It is a great place to get great parts at very low prices.
6. Microprocessor Support - We now provide electronic kits for the Arduino family and for the PIC family of micro-processors.
Oftentimes a partial SMT Resistor Kit or partial SMT Capacitor Kit is all that is needed for just some of the lower values. We offer such kits. Our kits are meaningful and affordable.
The mission at NightFire is to continue to develop and offer Engineering Kits, Electronic Kits, and Hobby Kits at reasonable prices. Email or call us with any suggestions for kits you would like to see.