One star off "Product" for dificulty in putting it together, one start off "Shipping" because it took long to get here (from UK), one star off "Documentation" because it took a while to figure there was one, and no stars off "Communication" because it was fast and great. If you get one, remember to mount the LCD display before you take apart the pieces or it may crack -- mine did and I got a replacemtn in the mail (I hope, still waiting). Even after reading the pdf documentation it took a while to get all the parts in the right place. Many parts can go in various ways but there's only one that will result in a great and stable enclosure. Hard to tell what is the 'front' or the 'back' of the pieces with the printed paper - worst after the papers are removed. I used a Dremel to make adjustmetns for other features. Highly recomended. I will get another and I'm sure some members of our club will order some. WD6Y
Replacement front panel sent and received all ok. Mention of where the instructions are has now been moved to the top of the listing (good point), once you follow the instructions component orientation is simple, and as you say the case only assembles in one way. And yes we don't shy away from the fact that perspex is brittle we mention this right at the beginning of the instructions, the brittleness is a feature of any perspex or acrylic case, the instructions do indeed mention to bolt the lcd to the bezel before assembling and if done the likely hood of trouble is virtually eliminated. Anyway we are pleased you enjoyed your case.
I wanted this box for an Arduino project that I had in mind and found what I was looking for here on Tindie. The display was shipped quickly and arrived in great shape. The parts were packaged well, cut with care, and using the data sheet instructions provided by the seller, I had the box assembled in a very short while. Here is a link to a YouTube video of the finished product: https://youtu.be/5nOGgGpaV2c
Thank you, I will certainly purchase from you again.
I purchased this black case, with no cutouts, to enclose an Air:Fuel Ratio (AFR) Meter for tuning the custom carburetor setup on my '66 Mustang. The case went together easily with the exception of the holes that mount the rear panel latch (They were slightly small, so I had to drill them out).
I ordered some Weld-On 3 Acrylic Adhesive with 3 syringes from Amazon to glue the case. The joints are almost totally invisible and very strong.
There was plenty of room in the case for a circuit board (from Vector), that I cut to the same outline as the LCD PCB. It mounts to the back of the LCD, with a pin header and 1/4" nylon spacers.
I have just completed testing the meter. Now I will need to cut a slot in the back panel to allow the ribbon cable to exit the case. I also ordered an LCD (from eBay) that fits the opening in the case. The one I'm using for testing is narrower than the opening and has a burned out backlight (guess who forgot the LED resistor!).
Thanks for your feedback on the case the information on the glue is very handy for other people wishing to make the joints a bit stronger. The holes that mount the rear panel latch have now been enlarged so they no longer need drilling.
The case it is well designed, built and very attractive. But like always there it is a small problem. Do not dropped it or it will break like glass. My advice is to try to use a different material like lexan. Other than that I will recommended it to any hobbyist in need of a case.