This is a KIT designed to be used with any Android cell phone that has Bluetooth capability.
You will be able to remotely turn on or off up to 8 devices via Open Collector outputs, such as a light, an alarm, a motor, a radio, etc. This also has many Industrial uses. You will be able to do this with your cell phone, how cool is that?
An Open Collector output is a circuit that uses a Transistor as the driver and has the Transistor's Collector pin available to the user. This allows you to control items with different voltages at the same time. This is great for turning on relays, applying a ground to an input of a controller, etc.
This PCB has a pre-programmed Atmega328p designed to accept an Android Bluetooth App to control the outputs. This means, that from your cell-phone, you can control (turn on or off) up to 8 different devices.
It contains an Atmega328p on a socket, a 2-position DIP switch for additional software options, 8 Transistor drivers which each rated for 2 amps. The Transistor drivers are TIP31C.
It also has room for an HC05 Bluetooth module which is wired to D2 & D3 which frees up RX0 & TX0. Use the Software.Serial library to control it. This frees up RX0 & TX0 so you can develop your program even better. This kit does NOT come with a Bluetooth HC05 module. It is offered as an option for those of you that have your own HC05 module.
It has an on-board 5v Voltage Regulator. The input voltage can be anywhere from 7.5vdc to 15vdc. If you need a higher input voltage, change the three Aluminum Caps for a higher voltage rating.
There are four mounting holes. The PCB is 2.75" x 2.20", FR-4 expoxy glass, 0.062" which is double-sided, Plated Thru-Holes.
It was deigned to work with an Android App to communicate with the Atmega328p. It is offered as a kit, or as a fully Built & Tested unit.
Contact us for custom programs for this unit.
|Shipping Rate||First item||Additional items|
United States Postal Service: Standard US Mail with Delivery Confirmation
We recognize our top users by making them a Tindarian. Tindarians have access to secret & unreleased features.
We look for the most active & best members of the Tindie community, and invite them to join. There isn't a selection process or form to fill out. The only way to become a Tindarian is by being a nice & active member of the Tindie community!
NightFire Electronics LLC was founded by an Electronic Engineer to be a source where other Electronic Engineers, Technicians, Hobbyists, Teachers, Students, and anybody else could get a useful assortment of SMT & Thru-Hole components at a reasonable cost. Along the way, we decided to design our own PCB circuits and now offer them at a great price. Our goal then, and still is today, is to put together a meaningful collection of electronic kits made of passive parts centered on an active component and offer it at a great price. We have been doing just that since October 2000.
NightFire has identified several main product areas to offer service:
1. Active Parts Kits - These hobby kits consist of a main active component, such as an Op Amp or Transistor, and combine it with a number of resistors, capacitors, inductors, LEDS, or other active components and a bunch of passive parts. Our initial oferrings were Surface Mount Technology (SMT) components & electronic kits, but we have since included Thru-Hole components as well. The variety of different passive values assures a well-rounded selection of useful parts that support the active component. We currently offer over 250 such kits and the list grows as new active parts become available.
2. Passive Parts Kits - These kits consist of a generous selection of resistors, capacitors, and/or inductors in a number of different, practical combinations. We offer SMT and Thru-Hole components. With these selections, now you can get just the right range of components that you need without having to buy the entire selection. Different component packages, such as 1206, 0805, and 0603, are also offered in various combinations. We currently offer over 30 such kits and the list grows almost daily.
3. Engineering PCB Kits - These kits were developed to assist the Engineer, Technician, Hobbyist, and Student in prototyping work. These circuits, in SMT or Thru-Hole, can be used as building blocks or can be used as stand-alone circuits. The original offerings were developed by us and included such generic circuits as fundamental Op Amp Amplifiers & Filters and Timer circuits in the Astable/Monostable modes. The flexibility of these circuits are limitless. The time saved in using a well-developed PCB as a building block is worth much more than the cost of the PCB. New circuits will be added on a regular basis.
4. Fun Project Kits - This series of electronic kits includes a wide number of the popular fun kits to build and enjoy. These kits are available in SMT and Thru-Hole. The designs are all developed by NightFire and have been designed for Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced individuals. These kits include such fun projects like the Headphone Amplifiers, Police Siren Kit, the LED Flasher Kit, and more. We will be adding new kits on a regular basis.
5. Bargains and Specials - These limited quantity offerings are for bargain hunters. They vary from Flame-Proof Resistors to complete Power Supplies and lots of parts in between. This list will change weekly. It is a great place to get great parts at very low prices.
6. Microprocessor Support - We now provide electronic kits for the Arduino family and for the PIC family of micro-processors.
Oftentimes a partial SMT Resistor Kit or partial SMT Capacitor Kit is all that is needed for just some of the lower values. We offer such kits. Our kits are meaningful and affordable.
The mission at NightFire is to continue to develop and offer Engineering Kits, Electronic Kits, and Hobby Kits at reasonable prices. Email or call us with any suggestions for kits you would like to see.