Find the regulatory path to legally bring your product to market in the US (FCC), Europe (CE) and beyond…Designed by EMC FastPass, Ships from Canada
This product is no longer available for sale. The seller may be offering an improved version or it may be hanging out on the beach, enjoying the retired life.
FREE EBOOK COPY INCLUDED WITH SOFTCOVER FOR INSTANT ACCESS! What is it? 'Global Certifications for Makers and Hardware Startups' answers many of the questions that product designers often face when...Read More…
'Global Certifications for Makers and Hardware Startups' answers many of the questions that product designers often face when they're deciding how to bring their product to market around the world.
This listing is for the softcover version. If you'd like the Kindle+PDF eBook version instead, check out my store.
Recent feedback has been great....
– "This book fills a void in the maker community. Thank you." - Brian Huang, Sparkfun
– “Wow, this is awesome!” – Ben Einstein, Bolt.io
– “Such a great book. Thank you for sharing” – Junhao Hu, Darma ($200k+ Kickstarter)
– “I was just worrying myself over FCC certification…. Thanks! I just bought the e-Book.” – Michael Heimbinder, Habitat Map
– “I bought a copy of your book and I must say I am loving it” - Rudolph Rulz, Driblet Labs
It covers areas like:
• Moon's eye overview of the different types of certifications that apply to electronics products around the world (EMC, RF, Safety, SAR, Environmental, Medical etc...)
• Step by step processes to obtaining FCC and CE compliance
• Rules for open source hardware and software
• How to work out what standards apply
• Exemptions - how to find and use them
• How to select a 3rd party test lab
• Labelling requirements
• Pre-compliance options
I was a hardware design engineer for 10 years and also owned an FCC test lab for 3 years. At the lab (and on Reddit) I noticed that many hardware companies, not just those brand new to product design, often didn't have a firm grasp on the regulatory hurdles they were facing when launching their product. Some had a cursory grasp of FCC and CE rules, but didn't have a clear step-by-step path to market. Others didn't really know where to even start.
To address this gap in knowledge, I released "Global Certifications for Makers and Hardware Startups". It covers many of the burning questions that hardware manufacturers often have.
The book brings together my 3 years of knowledge working in regulations and testing, as well as pulling together many industry resources that are very hard to track down on the internet. There are no other books on the market that offer this kind of global overview and step by step guide to bringing your project to market, legally.
Customs, import duties, taxes or brokerage fees may be levied once the package reaches the destination country. Allow additional time for customs processing and delivery to regions outside major cities.
2 Kickstarter companies who recently bought the book said, "Such a great book. Thank you for sharing" and "I was just worrying myself over FCC certification last night and then I got your message. Thanks! I just bought the book."
We recognize our top users by making them a Tindarian. Tindarians have access to secret & unreleased features.
We look for the most active & best members of the Tindie community, and invite them to join. There isn't a selection process or form to fill out. The only way to become a Tindarian is by being a nice & active member of the Tindie community!
EMC FastPass was created with a sole mission: To get electronic design companies through onerous EMC testing requirements faster and cheaper.
Our aim is to assist the electronics design industry to focus on making products that make money, and minimize the impact of regulatory red tape wherever possible. To achieve this, we offer the tools, information and assistance that you need to design products that pass testing first time around. We also offer regulatory guidance to help clients avoid or minimize 3rd party testing wherever possible.