Want to add temperature sensing to your latest project? This board is a great fit! Based on the MAXIM's MAX31855 series of cold-junction compensated thermocouple to digital converter ICs this board is great for accurate measurement of temperatures via Type K Thermocouples. Note: Color may vary based on stock - your board will arrive with either Purple or Black solder mask.
- Compatible with Type K Thermocouples
- Simple SPI digital interface
- 14-bit 0.25 Degree C Resolution
- Accuracy of +/- 2 Degrees C
- Operates at 3.3v
- Note: You can use it with your Arduino or other 5v i/o logic, you'll just need some form of level translator or resistor divider.
- Capable of measuring negative temperatures (unlike the previous MAX6675 series)
- Detects open thermocouples, or thermocouples shorted to VCC or GND
- Temperature range -200 Degrees C to 1350 Degrees C
Ask the first question!
Hardware worked as advertised. The screw posts are a nice touch as are the open .1" holes - provides flexibility for each individual user.
Beware, however, that using wire that is not the same type of your thermocouple will give different readings. Calibrating this with boiling water, but with mixed extension wire on the thermocouple gave me a reading of 70 degrees Celsius.
The Adafruit MAX31855 library gives a few more features than Tautic's library. Schematics for this and the 4-bit level shifter from Tautic were spot on.
March 19, 2013
Dec. 30, 2013
Rates to United States
|Shipping Rate||First item||Additional items|
|United States Postal Service: Standard Ground Rate||$2.75||$0.00|
|United States Postal Service: Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box||$5.80||$0.00|