An Arduino shield built to bring your CNC project to life: easy enough to experiment with and robust enough to be the heart of your machine. Originally constructed for the Shapeoko hobby CNC mach...Read More…
An Arduino shield built to bring your CNC project to life: easy enough to experiment with and robust enough to be the heart of your machine.
Originally constructed for the Shapeoko hobby CNC machine, and based on Bart
Dring's original Buildlog.net design, this shield kit will allow you to drive
your desktop CNC project's three axes motors with the included driver
Electronics tend to be the last thing that gets done on a homebrew CNC. It can be a daunting way to finish out a project. This shield allows you to start at the beginning. It's a great way to get your electronics going, on the familiar Arduino platform, and let that inspire you to move on to building the physical structure as you desire--be it the ShapeOko or something of your own design
This shield routes power and signals to the 3 included Pololu A4988 motor driver modules which power the motors to respond to G-Code. The Arduino sketch used to interpret G-Code is GRBL (pronounced "garble") and it can be found at GRBL's github.
You will also need:
● Basic soldering skills and equipment
● An Arduino Duemilanove (with a 328 chip, not the older 168) or Uno and the requisite USB cable
● A power supply that puts out at least 50 watts of DC power between 8 and 30 volts is recommended--almost any old laptop power supply will work
● 2 oz thick copper traces allows for superior power to motors with improved heat dissipation
● Microstepping can be configured via jumpers for full steps, 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x making accuracy on a tightly built machine to 0.003" or better--you won't find 16x microstepping on other boards
● Shield PCB and shield components are all RoHS compliant
● Extra fourth axis is available to drive a second Y-axis motor for extra wide gantries
● Power up to 2.0 amps per motor coil
● Easily and inexpensively replace individual driver chips, rather than having to desolder, should the need arise
● Includes driver chip heat sinks for improved performance!
● Automotive grade micro capacitors, high current rated terminal blocks, gold flashed contact pins--we kit things with top shelf components
Find build information and more resources at Reactive\Substance.
Video introduction and build tutorials are online.
No country selected, please select your country to see shipping options.
No rates are available for shipping to .
Enter your email address if you'd like to be notified when CNC Experimenter's Shield can be shipped to you:
Thanks! We'll let you know when the seller adds shipping rates for your country.
|Shipping Rate||Tracked||Ships From||First Item||Additional Items|
Andrew | March 22, 2013
We recognize our top users by making them a Tindarian. Tindarians have access to secret & unreleased features.
We look for the most active & best members of the Tindie community, and invite them to join. There isn't a selection process or form to fill out. The only way to become a Tindarian is by being a nice & active member of the Tindie community!