Solar supercapacitor power bank utilizing ZSPM4523 for charging and TPS61021A Boost ConverterDesigned by Mad Electron Engineering, Ships from United States of America
The Infinity Solar Bank is the culmination of years or research into solar, Supercapacitors, and energy efficiency with LED’s and microcontrollers. The unit supports from 1 to 6 supercapacitors for...Read More…
The Infinity Solar Bank is the culmination of years or research into solar, Supercapacitors, and energy efficiency with LED’s and microcontrollers. The unit supports from 1 to 6 supercapacitors for energy storage. Charging can be done either by solar through the two through hole connections below the MicroUSB port, or can be charged by USB power when weather conditions inhibit solar charging.
The Infinity Solar Bank has the following features:
● Supports 1-6 Supercapacitors conventionally, can be hacked to support 12 supercapacitors with a bit of ingenuity.
● Charging is controlled by IDT’s ZSPM4523 Solar Supercapacitor MPPT Charger
● Boost Conversion is handled by Texas Instrument’s TPS61021A.
● Output voltage adjustable from 2.5v to 4v.
● Optional 10Ω 1/2W resistor for output LED current limiting via solder jumper.
● Boost converter can be enabled continuously or only on when darkness is detected via low charging voltage input(e.g. solar panel at night).
● Integrated voltmeter to measure current charge percentage of power bank.
● Adjustable charge termination voltage and charge current set either at the time of purchase or by the customer via a 3 rd party USB to I2C adapter and Windows software provided by IDT.
This listing is for an assembled circuit board. You must supply the supercapacitor(s) and appropriate solar panel. Please refer to the documentation available in the hackaday.io link in this listing. There you will find in the files section the datasheet(user manual), the datasheets for both IC's on the circuit board, and the programming software for the ZSPM4523 MPPT Charger IC.
The ZSPM4523 MPPT Charger IC has two programming options, charge termination voltage and charge current. The units will be shipped with the settings of 2.68v termination voltage and 1500mA charge current unless otherwise stated in your order notes. The available options are:
2.48v - Normal setting for 2.5v rated supercapacitors, 2.54v, 2.60v, 2.66v,
2.68v - Normal setting for 2.7v rated supercapacitors, 2.72v, 2.74v
Maximum Charge Current:
50mA, 100mA, 200mA, 300mA, 400mA, 500mA, 600mA, 700mA, 800mA, 900mA, 1000mA, 1100mA, 1200mA, 1300mA, 1400mA,
1500mA - Normal setting for 6 parallel 400F supercapacitors
|Shipping Rate||First item||Additional items|
United States Postal Service: USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box
$35.95 $ $35.95
$38.00 $ $38.00
$89.00 $ $89.00
$25.00 $ $25.00
$20.00 $ $20.00
We recognize our top users by making them a Tindarian. Tindarians have access to secret & unreleased features.
We look for the most active & best members of the Tindie community, and invite them to join. There isn't a selection process or form to fill out. The only way to become a Tindarian is by being a nice & active member of the Tindie community!
Located in New Castle, DE. Been playing with electronics for over 20 years. Always interested in renewable energy related electronics projects.