The A028 combines dual channel AIS and GPS Data and provides your data through NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 simultaneously.Designed by Quark-elec, Ships from United Kingdom
Introduction Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network, for the ultimate convenience and flexibility, no configuration required. 3 simultaneous data output connections: NMEA 2000 network c...Read More…
Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network, for the ultimate convenience and flexibility, no configuration required.
NMEA 2000 network connection to your N2K backbone will provide AIS and GPS data to your complete N2K network, chart plotter, radio and other connected devices and instruments. (including informing your navigation software for plotting way-points and collision avoidance.)
NMEA 0183 RS422 output
USB output to a laptop of your choice (or USB OTG tablet or phone)
The advantage of an integrated GPS is that you can see, not only where other ships are, but crucially where you are in comparison with them and the coastline.
The ideal AIS and GPS multiplexer for your convenience.
Compact dual channel AIS receiver
Multiplexer: combines AIS and GPS
View your AIS data and location through NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183 RS422 and USB simultaneously if desired.
AIS range: up to 45 nautical miles
Compatible with Chart plotters and other AIS/GPS receiving devices and instruments, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems and USB OTG tablets and chart plotters.
Two independent receivers monitor AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decode both channels simultaneously
Combines AIS and GPS messages, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
Sensitivity down to -106 dBm@30% PER
AIS reception range: up to 45 nautical miles
BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
Built-in GPS module to provide positional data (simply connect a GPS antenna)
Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
NMEA 2000 (N2K) output
NMEA 0183 RS422 message output (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
Additional NMEA 0183 output through USB OTG
Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
Detailed technical specifications and information(Manual) can be downloaded here.
The QK-A028 comes preloaded with drivers.
The device driver is a file that lets the computer know the configurations and specification of the AIS receiver. In case you’ve had software issues the driver can be downloaded here.
Step by Step for using configuration software guide can be downloaded here.
1 x QK-A028 with NMEA 2000 connection cable
1 x NMEA 0183 RS422 connection cable
1 x USB cable
Protective cover/insert for NMEA 0183 and USB, protects the connections when not in use.
1 x CD containing Manual (and driver software for some Windows PCs)
1 x Setup Guidebook
QK-A028 has the following connections/indicators:
· AIS antenna connector. Standard BNC female 50 Ohm connector. An active VHF antenna splitter is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A028 and VHF voice radio. (We recommend separate antennas ideally.)
· GPS antenna connector: Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna. Built-in GPS module. An integrated GPS unit supplies positional data in addition to the AIS data. Simply connect chosen GPS antenna.
· NMEA 2000 (N2K) connection. NMEA 2000 network cable integral to the A028 for easy plug and play connection to your NMEA2000 backbone. Majority of all NMEA 0183 messages are converted to NMEA 2000, full list of conversions can be found in the manual.
· NMEA 0183 output connectors. QK-A028 can be connected to NMEA 0183 RS422 AIS or GPS compatible equipment including chart plotters and multi functional displays. NMEA 0183 RS 422 cable included for ease of connection. (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
· USB connection. A micro USB port outputs NMEA 0183 messages.
· LED lights: indicate power (top, red), AIS (centre, green) and GPS (bottom, green) status respectively.
Note: This product has been well tested in the UK before dispatching to customer. Please make sure you understand how to use it before purchasing from us. For international shipping, VAT and other import or handling fees may be applied by your local customs. These are the responsibility of the recipient. We will always declare the purchase price excl. shipping. All technical questions please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can visit Quark-elec forum to find your answer.
We have a 30 days refund policy. We will accept returns within 30 days, however, please be aware the buyer pays the return postage. If you do not accept these terms, we will not be able to refund the product.
|Shipping Rate||First item||Additional items|
Royal Mail: Standard Ground Rate
We recognize our top users by making them a Tindarian. Tindarians have access to secret & unreleased features.
We look for the most active & best members of the Tindie community, and invite them to join. There isn't a selection process or form to fill out. The only way to become a Tindarian is by being a nice & active member of the Tindie community!